Beginning in 1944, when she accepted Director Andrew C. Ritchie’s invitation to join the Albright Art Gallery’s Advisory Council, Jackson maintained a fruitful relationship with the museum. Over the years, notable paintings and sculptures by Sam Francis, Adolph Gottlieb, Paul Jenkins, Alfred Jensen, Alfred Leslie, Louise Nevelson, Ben Nicholson, Larry Rivers, David Smith, and many others entered the collection, in no small measure due to her perseverance. Jackson tirelessly negotiated on the museum’s behalf by making sure that its primary patrons, as well as its directors, were given first dibs on the best works, and by offering them significant discounts whenever possible.
At the time of her death, Jackson’s own collection of postwar art had grown substantially. In 1974, David and Becky Anderson—Jackson’s son and daughter-in-law—donated 11 paintings, ten sculptures, and 23 works on paper (totaling 44 works by 40 artists) from Jackson’s collection to the museum. Many of the chosen works of art were personal gifts from artists Jackson had known, represented, and befriended.