The Orlando Allen House was constructed in 1829. Orlando Allen (1803–1874), born in New Hartford, Connecticut, first moved to Buffalo in 1819. He served as president of the First Bank of Buffalo in 1840 and was the eighteenth mayor of the City of Buffalo from 1848 to 1849. He also served as the Buffalo City Treasurer, followed by two separate terms as Second Ward Alderman in 1856–1857.
He was a founding member of the Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, the governing body of the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, and one of the first presidents of the Buffalo Historical Society. He died on September 4, 1874.
The house, being one of the last wooden frame houses in Buffalo, was eventually demolished in 1904. It was located on the same lot where Coca-Cola Field currently resides.